Friday, October 21, 2016

Science jewelry Biohazard necklace fine silver pendant on leather cord. Handmade metal clay jewelry by Arctida.

As some of you know I work as a microbiologist at my day job. Over the years I've been working with a lot of dangerous bacteria and viruses: Streptococcus, Polio, HIV, Cholera, Hepatitis are just some of them... so it is only natural that I wanted to make a necklace for myself that looks like a Biohazard warning symbol, after all I'm surrounded by these signs at work I might as well wear one :) I finished this piece back in 2014 and since that time several of my colleagues and nerd friends ordered the same pendant so I thought it was time to list it in my shop as an addition to my Science collection.

The pendant is made of solid silver (Fine Silver Precious Metal Clay pmc), partly oxidized to display the Biohazard symbol pattern and threaded on a black leather cord.

Oh and the blue bio-suit and mask you see on the first model pic is the actual protective gear/suit (informally known as "space suits") we use for some of the laboratory work :)

http://www.arctida.com/en/home/120-science-jewelry-biohazard-necklace-fine-silver-pendant-on-leather-cord.html
 http://www.arctida.com/en/home/120-science-jewelry-biohazard-necklace-fine-silver-pendant-on-leather-cord.html
http://www.arctida.com/en/home/120-science-jewelry-biohazard-necklace-fine-silver-pendant-on-leather-cord.html

 

11 comments:

StaroftheEast said...

A perfect addition for a nerdy collection :)

Tina Lindholm Kanerva said...

Great addition to your collection! It is such a cool symbol!

BHB Kidstyle said...

The modeled photo is so cool!

toosis said...

I didn't know your about your daytime job. It is nice to know and definitely makes senese that you wanted to make such a ring. Great Picture

Unknown said...

your daytime job is amazing!
I love your new design, perfect way to mix your both activities;-)

carvanserai said...

Cool job! You are like superheroes to me, and the necklace is great, like superman

AToM said...

Wow that photo is really cool and don't get me talking about your job!!!

Iulia Postica said...

So stylish!

HolzundLeinen said...

Great item with a great story behind!

ameba verde said...

love it! also love the necklace and closer that you choose for it.
:)

ReStyleGraphic said...

It looks great and is a great addition to your collection.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...